Free grab-and-go meals are available for all students and youth 18 and younger at several sites across the district next week. Families can choose the location that is most convenient for them, regardless of where they live or attend school.
Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
• North Eugene High School 200, Silver Ln (Front entrance)
• Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave. (lobby)
• Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr.
• ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (lobby)
For other locations visit the 4J School District Food Resource page
During the school closure the North Eugene Health Center will be closed.
The school-based health center at Churchill High School is open to provide healthcare to 4J students. Health centers can bill private insurance and the Oregon Health Plan, and will also provide treatment for those unable to afford medical care. Please call the clinics to schedule appointments: 541-790-5227
While the building is closed to the public some office staff are still reporting to hand out lunches and technology. The main office phone line – (541) 790-4500 – is on between the hours of 11am – 1pm. If a staff member is available they will be answering calls. If no one answers please leave a voicemail and a staff member will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our custodial team has cleaned out student lockers and bagged up all of the items. Pick up times will be on the following dates …
- 9th & 10th – Tuesday 4/28, 10:30- 2:00
- 11th & 12th – Wednesday 4/29, 10:30- 2:00
Tables will be set up on the breezeway along the east side of the building allowing families to stay in the car. A greeter will ask the name of the student, verify the phone number, then place the bagged items on the table allowing for distance to be maintained. Siblings can pick up items at the same time.
Gym lockers were not included in this cleanout. Our custodial staff did not want to cut off personal locks. To make arrangements to collect these belongings all the front office at (541)-790-4500
My student is currently in 8th grade and will start at North in the fall of 2020. What do I need to do?
The deadline to submit the Honors application is May 15.
- On your internet browser, go to the North Eugene Website: https://nehs.4j.lane.edu/
- Under the STUDENTS drop-down menu select NAVIANCE.
- Use your email to sign in. This could be your 4J email or personal email.
- If you’re are unable to login try using the forgot my password link.
If you are still unable to login please email me at Yakovich_a@4j.lane.edu or text at (541) 952-2321.
- Once you are logged in, scroll down until you see “Resources to get ready” near the bottom.
- Click the document resources link, then click the student resources link.
- Click the 4J honors application link and it will download to your computer.
- Take a picture or scan your community service hours and send that to counselors along with the application
- Fill out the application, then submit it to your counselor.
At this time, Miners has not received the cap and gown orders. When they arrive, North Eugene will work the district and Miners to determine the best way to distribute caps and gowns to students. As soon as we have information, it will be shared on the North Eugene website and social media pages (Facebook and Instagram).
Those of you that ordered graduation announcements and other senior products from Miners Graduate Services this school year can pick up your orders at their office. You can stay in your car and let them know the student’s name/school; they will then locate the order and give it to you through the car window. The process to receive the order at their office will take about 5 minutes and then you will be on your way.
*Your cap and gown order will not be ready for pick up at this time. This will only be the graduation announcement orders available for pick-up.*
North Eugene will be turning the lights on at Swede Johnson Stadium on Friday nights at 8:20 pm for twenty minutes. Families may go and take pictures with their seniors, but we ask that you keep proper social distancing with others not in your family. More information can be found on the Senior Information page.
4J School District will soon be distributing yard signs to every senior in the district. More information can be found HERE
Loaner laptops for North Eugene High School students can be picked up in the front office daily from 11 am to 1 pm. No need to call or email staff ahead of time.
Laptops will need to be picked up by the student or guardian. You will be asked to verify the information that we have in Synergy. Please bring an ID with you.
If you have a need for internet access, please try the following:
Free Xfinity WiFi Hotspots: Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations have been made available for students and the community to use for free. Many homes are in range of one of these hotspots. If you are close to a hotspot, your device will include “xfinitywifi” on the list of available wifi networks. Select this network to connect to the internet.
How can I connect to an Xfinity WiFi hotspot?
- Visit xfinity.com/wifi or use the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app to see a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots. All open hotspots, both indoor and outdoor, will be displayed on the map in blue.
- Once at a hotspot, customers and non-customers should select xfinitywifi from the list of available WiFi networks, and then launch a browser.
- Xfinity Internet customers can sign in using their Xfinity ID and password to be automatically connected to Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future. Non-Xfinity Internet customers can connect by clicking the Accept and Connect button. Non-Xfinity customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 12 hours.Other Free Open WiFi Hotspots: Check if you have access to any other open wireless network broadcast near you from any other provider.
Free / Low-Cost Comcast Internet Essentials: Comcast is offering high-speed internet free for two months, then $10 per month, to families who qualify to receive free or reduced-price school meals or are participating in Head Start. This is also available to families who are eligible for public assistance programs such as SNAP, TANF, WIC, TTANF, FDPIR, Medicaid, SSI, public housing assistance, and others. You may need to show documentation of your eligibility. Learn more here. You can apply online or from your mobile phone at apply.internetessentials.com. If you want to apply for Internet Essentials over the phone please call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) between 5 a.m.–9 p.m. Pacific time.
Mobile Hotspots: The district will have a limited number of hotspots available to lend (one per household) to families who do not have another way to access the internet at home. We will be in contact with families who have requested support.
A Note About Bandwidth: We understand many people trying to work from home will put demands on bandwidth. Digital learning opportunities will be at varied times, so your students may not always need to be online at the same times during the day
I have a photo, drawing, poem or other item I would like to submit for the yearbook. Where do I send it?
We would love to have students contribute to the 2019/2020 yearbook. Please send submissions of artwork, photographs, poems, stories, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org and give it the subject line “For our Yearbook.”
If you need some ideas of what to do, here are some prompts to inspire you: What makes North special to you? What is your vision for the future? What makes you happy? If you could talk to anyone in the world (dead or alive), who would it be and what would you say to them? How are you dealing with the coronavirus pandemic?