Here is a list of links to services and information that students will need to complete their coursework and receive communication from teachers and counselors.
- Students should check their 4J student email daily for communication from their teachers and counselors.
- Students must use their 4J Google account to access Google Classroom.
- Need help with your username or password? Email a teacher or your counselor
- Teacher office hours for the week of April 6 will be M, Tu, Th 10 am-12 pm and 1 pm-2 pm. Check your student email on how to contact your teacher.
- Student Email
- Internet Help
- Counseling Contact Information
- Google Services (sign in here to access Google Classroom)
- Digital Literacy Resources
How to Use Google Classroom: Helpful Videos
- Google Classroom for Students
- A Parent’s Guide to Google Classroom
- How to Join a Google Classroom in English AND Spanish: This will be great for English and Spanish as the English resources we found do not demonstrate how to join a classroom.
- Accessing Google Classroom at Home for Parents and Kids – Spanish: This explains how to access Google Classroom as well as how to join a class (all in one!).
- Google Classroom Parent Tutorial (iPad) Spanish: This explains it from the iPad perspective which is a bit different.
- How to Use Google Classroom on the iPad – English
Zoom Expectations for StudentsStudents must understand and agree to the following regarding the use of the Zoom Platform for official school communication.
- The meeting links you receive from a teacher are for you and you only. You are not to share the link with others outside of your class or try to attend zoom meetings that are not for you.
- There will likely be a waiting room before entering the regular zoom meeting. Please wait patiently until you are admitted to the conversation. Students who are disruptive may be sent back to the waiting room. Just like in regular class, this takes time away from the experience of the other learners and the teacher.
- Students must not play with virtual backgrounds or other special effects during Zoom conversations unless given special permission by the teacher.
- Use your real name, not a code name or abbreviation, or something humorous.
- If you turn your video off, just leave the screen blank with your name, no picture substitutions.
- In conversations with 5 or more people:
- Automatically mute yourself except when it’s your turn to speak in any meeting.
- Use the “hand raise” feature to indicate you want to speak.
- Private chats are not allowed during school Zoom conversations.
- Remember that this is for school purposes. When participating in a Zoom meeting for school, bring your classroom behavior to the screen.
- Locate yourself in an appropriate place.
- Sit (or stand) as you would in class.
- Wear school appropriate attire.
- Remove other distractions and focus solely on the Zoom conversation.
- You may not take pictures, screenshots, or videos of the Zoom conversation, without express permission.