Last updated April 19, 2021
A New Season of AthleticsOur second sports season is well underway and athletes and coaches have been enjoying the great spring weather! While improved health metrics are allowing for some spectators at contests, space is still limited. Baseball and softball contests will require a ticket, which are given to athletes to distribute. Tennis, golf, and track are not ticketed, but each athlete is allowed one spectator for away events and two for home events. For additional details, please visit the NEHS website: https://nehs.4j.lane.edu/2021/03/16/athletic-update/ Our baseball, softball, and track contests are being live streamed this spring. Schedules are available on our website and the link to the live stream is below. Link to live stream: https://boxcast.tv/channel/joughdpiphsfina3zo6x
What’s new in Athletics?
With our county’s move to Moderate Risk, School District 4j is allowing limited spectators in for our Season 2 athletic events. For our outdoor sports we are allowed 150 spectators (100 for the home team and 50 for the visiting school). Indoor sports are currently allowed 50 spectators (33 for the home team and 17 for visiting school). Tickets are currently only being given to players on the teams for their distribution. Tickets will be given to players the day before their contest.
Some things to remember for our spectators:
- Tickets will be distributed to athletes. Spectators must have a ticket. No ticket. No Entry.
- Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
- Masks must be worn at all times and 6-feet of physical distancing must be maintained.
- No food or drink may be brought into the venue.
- No re-entry. If you leave the venue you will not re be re-admitted.
- Spectators must enter separately from athletes.
- Spectators must sit in designated seats, socially distanced from others.
- Spectators cannot go on the court or field after games.
- Spectators must leave the facility immediately after the game and meet their student-athlete in the parking lot.
- Strict entry times must be followed. Please arrive on time. Spectator entry begins 15-minutes prior to the published contest start time. Spectator entry ends 15-minutes after the published contest start time. Early and late entry will not be allowed. Doors and gates will be closed 15-minutes after contests begin.