There are 3 formats for displaying photos via NextGen:
—3. Image Browser
So what, I just want to know how to install my photos. Jump to install.
1) A Gallery – Shows thumbnails by default. The visitor can switch back and forth between a Slideshow and thumbnails by using the ‘Show Slideshow/Show Picture List’ link that is above the photo(s)
2) A Slideshow – A slideshow without forward-back buttons or image names above photos.
You can add padding (lingo for ‘white space’) below the word ‘SLIDESHOW’ by using (omit the dashes at the beginning of this html code):
–<div style=”font-size: 20px; padding: 0px 0px 4px 0px;”><strong>SLIDESHOW</strong></div>
3) An Imagebrowser – Shows forward-back buttons and image names above photos. Imagebrowser doesn’t automatically advance photos. It is perfect for your visitors who want to quickly skip a photo or who want to pause longer on a specific photo. However, this ability to race through photos or pause photos comes with a price……
Caution: Imagebrowser should only be used at the top of a page. If you have the Imagebrowser placed low on the page, viewers will be driven crazy as they use the ‘Back/Next’ buttons because Imagebrowser refreshes the page back to the top of the page.
How to create a Gallery
1. Hover over ‘Gallery’ in the left hand menu.
2. Click on ‘Add Gallery/Images’
3. Click on the tab ‘Add New Galery’
4. Name the gallery
5. Click on the tab ‘Add Images’
6. Select your images AND choose the gallery
7. Select your photos and upload them.
8. Insert your photos by typing the following shortcode into your page. (omit the dash at the beginning of these short codes)
- To show as a Gallery, use the following without the dash, where x is your gallery ID number:
- To show as a Slideshow, use the following without the dash, where x is your gallery ID number:
- To show as an Imagebrowser, use the following without the dash, where x is your gallery ID number: