You can complete the volunteer background application at www.helpcounter.net/eugene. Please make sure you list the areas that you’re interested in volunteering in at North.
Your interest and concern for students have motivated you to volunteer at North Eugene High School. We thank you for your support and interest–this is a challenging and rewarding role!
Criminal background checks are required for volunteers who may have unsupervised contact with students. The conviction of a crime (felony or misdemeanor) will not automatically disqualify a person from volunteering in a school. Each situation will be considered individually. Completed forms are maintained in a confidential manner at the district office.
The district requires criminal checks on any volunteers (including parents) who meet the following criteria:
- the volunteer will have unsupervised contact with students;
- the volunteer has a regular and ongoing assignment at the school;
- the volunteer will be off campus with students in an unsupervised situation, including
driving students on field trips;
- the volunteer is a mentor to a student or students;
- the volunteer is a coach or activity director; or
- the volunteer is unknown to the school or department staff.