Volunteer Background Checks
Please visit this site to download forms needed to volunteer at NEHS:
Criminal background checks are required for volunteers who may have unsupervised contact with students. The conviction of a crime (felony or misdemeanor) will not automatically disqualify a person from volunteering in a school. Each situation will be considered individually. Completed forms are maintained in a confidential manner at the district office.
The district requires criminal checks on any volunteers (including parents) who meet the following criteria:
- the volunteer will have unsupervised contact with students;
- the volunteer has a regular and ongoing assignment at the school;
- the volunteer will be off campus with students in an unsupervised situation, including
driving students on field trips;
- the volunteer is a mentor to a student or students;
- the volunteer is a coach or activity director; or
- the volunteer is unknown to the school or department staff.